img { max-width: 560px; width: expression (this.width >560 ? 560: true); }

Monday, February 9, 2009

Homebound!

So, there was an ice storm today and we have all been homebound. The kids didn't have school so they've been working on various projects. I had a very busy weekend so I have been enjoying a quiet day to catch up on laundry...wait a minute, did I just say I enjoyed doing laundry? Wow, I did have a tough few days! I managed to spend a little time in my work room and I created the following layout. I love this photo of my kids from back when we lived in Maryland. Both pics are of them playing on the cul-de-sac with the neighborhood kids. The first is a terrible picture, but I love the subject matter: they used to tie all of the Radio Flyers together and make a wagon train. I loved that! But my favorite is the picture of the time they decorated three lawn clipping bags and made themselves into life size puppets. Kids are so brilliant!

There was a challenge I found on a blog today to reuse or recycle something on a layout. I made the title by cutting up the packaging that came with one of my favorite paper lines. I really like how fun and different it came out. I am definitely going to be making more effort to recycle more stuff. I love creating my own unique way of doing something. It just adds to the challenge and fun of creating!




I always like to do some machine stitching on my layouts and this time I tried something different. I used vareigated thread to create the sun's rays and stitch around the outside of the page. I likke the way this turned out so much, I'm sure I'm going to be using that technique again. I love doodling with the sewing machine!

Well, it's time to go be creative in another way...I'm going to attempt to make chicken enchiladas from what I can dig out of the cupboards. Good luck to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for visiting :)

Evidence of a Life