img { max-width: 560px; width: expression (this.width >560 ? 560: true); }

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A whole lotta crafting going on!

This week has been an unusual one. It's finals week at the kids' school, so they have only been in school half a day each day this week, and spending the rest of the day at home studying. (And I must admit, for the most part they have really been studying. Hard. I'm very proud of them!) Because it has been an unusual school routine, my daily routine has totally been disrupted. I feel like I haven't gotten a thing done...that is, until today. I have had a burning desire to work on a few projects. I have been working a little lately, but this afternoon presented me with a good four hours of pretty much uninterrupted time in my work room. I have the stained fingers to prove it! I won't tell you why my fingers are stained right now, because I don't want to give away any secrets. But I can say that I have been trying a few new techniques. And I can happily report that things seem to be going splendidly!
I had such a creative bug today that I literally had four different projects going at once, in various stages of completion. (Actually that's the way I always work except this time I had all four projects going on my table at the same time.) That's a little unusual, even for me. But I was so impatient for one thing to dry or be ready for the next step, that I needed to move on to something else before I ruined something. Uh-oh, there I go again talking about things that I can't divulge. Hmmm....this is hard! I guess it's enough to say that the creative chemistry going on was really something to behold! I hope that there will be something if not awesome, then at least blog-worthy to show for it. Just to prove that I'm not making this up, I'm adding a couple pics of some things underway.


I have been wanting to take on a daily project, something small and quick that would not really have any purpose other than to get my creative juices flowing. So, I decided to finally jump in and start an art journal. Here's page #1!!!! Woo hoo for me! You can't really see it in the pic, but inside the translucent envelope is a little mini tag with the word "desire" on it. Cute, huh? It's up to you to figure out what it means! Well, to be more to the point it's really up to me, isn't it? Anyway, it was a good thing to do while the paint, glue, and other stuff dried! And it wasn't at all painful to do once I got my feet wet.



These two pictures remind me of a favorite part of a kid's show called Wonderama that my sisters and I used to watch on Sunday mornings. The segment was called "What the heck is it?" And they would show you pictures of stuff like strange alien looking vegetables and tools and stuff and you had to guess what they were. Well, this is my "What the heck is it?" for you! It may not be too clear from the picture, but I can tell you it was a lot of fun to make, turned out exactly liked I hope it would (how often does that happen, I ask?), and you will be able to see what it is when I feature the finished item here in (hopefully) a day or two.

Well, that's it for today. I had so much fun all juiced up with my creative mojo that I hate to go to sleep! The good news is that it's a snow day tomorrow, so that holds the pleasant promise of more time in my work room! We'll see!!!!!!!!

I have to give a shout out to my main man Calvin K. who told me how to insert a hyperlink into my posts. (He's in 8th grade, by the way.) Because of him I was able to hyperlink to a YouTube video of my very own beloved Wonderama! Check it out!!!! Just click on "Wonderama" in my post. Thanks, Cal!

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell what that last thing is made of...but I'm guessing it's going to be turned in to a wreath of some sort...is it paper? Fabric?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for visiting :)

Evidence of a Life