img { max-width: 560px; width: expression (this.width >560 ? 560: true); }

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Soreness and goodness all at the same time.

I am currently nursing a VERY sore body from doing our brand spanking new Wii Fit for over an hour yesterday. Mind you, this is not the first time I've spent over an hour doing the Wii Fit, nor the first time I've been sore afterwards...you'd think I'd learn a lesson. But, darn! That thing is addictive! And, as evidenced by my post from yesterday, I had a lot of time to kill and A LOT of negative energy to expell. But my back muscles are sore!!! I'm not sure what I did to use my back muscles to such a degree...perhaps it was the bajillion hula hoop circles! Let's just say my 41 year old body is definitely not functioning like my ten year old one did. Of course, back then I didn't have a hula hoop...don't know why...I had a lemon (yes, a lemon) on a plastic thing that went around your ankle. You had to spin it and jump it and try to keep it going. For some reason, I loved that thing and would spend hours on the back porch. I can still hear the sound it made. Whoa!!!!! How's that for digression?
So, to follow this theme of nostalgia, I have to tell you what we did to salvage the night last night. The kids and I went out (in the "blizzard"), picked up dinner and rented a pile of movies. The very first one we watched is an all-time favorite of mine: Parenthood. I love it and have waited until the time I thought my kids would appreciate it. Well, they didn't disappoint. It was awesome. When it was over, Erin turned to me and said "I don't want to leave," with a little choke in her voice. Needless to say, the whole big looming concept of college is heavily on her mind. I told her that it was still a long way off and that no matter what she'd never really leave. God, my heart hurts sometimes! Anyway, we decided to stay up late and watch another movie after that, but it was so cute... We all sat on the couch and decided to wait a few minutes before we put the next movie in to bask in the feel-good glow of Parenthood. It honestly doesn't get any better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for visiting :)

Evidence of a Life