img { max-width: 560px; width: expression (this.width >560 ? 560: true); }

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Inspiration leads to....

I honestly don't know! Somethin's rollin' around in my noggin, but I don't know where I'm going with it. So, being that it's a new year, I'm going to try a new thing and...just...go...with...it. (At least I'm going to try.) Anyway, due to all of the creative energy I've been having, the same old voice keeps whispering in my ear about attempting to actually sell some of my work. You know, become a professional. Ha! I guess it would finally be fulfilling the goals I set for myself what? Forty years ago? Oh, Lord! I wish I hadn't written that. It makes me cringe. Oh well, like I said, it's just a thought. I'm not sure how to proceed, but I'm doing my best not to squash it.

What I'm getting at here is that, when this little voice arose, say, oh....six months ago, and I started my blog, I had the inspiration to name it Wild Onions. (The meaning of which is hopefully explained above.) Anyway, my daughter is also a creative bee like myself. I told her what I was doing, and being that she is such an awesome artist, I asked if she would attempt to make me a logo. Now, you should never turn something like that over to someone else unless you are prepared to relinquish creative control. (Note to self.) I had one thing in mind (being that it was myown "Wild Onions" memories that inspired the moniker.) I imagined a sketchy field, sort of a pen and ink drawing with the makings of a small tea party. It was just a wisp of an idea, but it was there. I did not communicate this idea to my "designer". Instead, she took the theme "Wild Onions" and ran with it in the direction it took her imagination. And, seriously, it depicts nothing about what I was thinking, but I absolutely LOVE it. It made me laugh out loud. And if you know me at all, anything that makes me laugh out loud is straight from the Gods in my book! I'm still not really sure how to use it, but I HAVE to. Somehow. If you've got any ideas, shoot 'em this way. I love divine intervention!

Without any further ado, here is the pencil and paper design created by Erin:


I realize I'm biased, but honestly, isn't that hilarious? I love the sketchiness of it! The movement! It's awesome. So, I wasn't sure how to actually use it. Erin used our drawing tablet and turned it into a cleaner, colored image. I used that to create the following logo:





I have to say, this is pretty cute, too. I like the fact that I could incorporate in the definition. But, I missed the "straight from the drawing board quality of the original. I'm trying a little at a time to learn how to use Photoshop. I am very pleased with myself that I figured out how to make a brush out of the original drawing, and with it I created this:

Of course I added some digital papers and other elements. It lacks the text, but I like it. So, what do you think? Do you have a favorite?

Like I said, I have no idea where this is going!

1 comment:

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for visiting :)

Evidence of a Life