img { max-width: 560px; width: expression (this.width >560 ? 560: true); }

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Down and Out!

I have been sick all week with what is most likely the flu. It has been just terrible! I spent the first few days literally in bed or asleep on the couch, feverish and downright miserable. Now the fever is gone, but I have terrible sinus issues and a hacking cough. Not to mention I can't talk. I am going stir crazy. I don't do well with just sitting around and I really have a hard time forcing myself to rest. But this bug has kicked me pretty hard, so I'm trying to take it easy. I suppose the best thing I can say about it is that I haven't had to endure much of the recent cold snap we've been having. I've barely gone outside!

I have managed to finish up a few projects, and I wanted to get some pictures up ASAP, so here they are!

I started these two scrapbook spreads a couple weeks ago, but finally finished them. That's the way I work sometimes...I get 98% done and then wait until that last 2% comes to me. I don't know why, it's like I need time to really savor the finishing touches.


This layout was about the trip Brad and I took to New Orleans last February. It was our first vacation without kids. We had such a great time looking at all the cool things to see there. One day we just came upon this...a Zoltar Machine!!!! If you've ever seen the movie Big starring Tom Hanks, you know what I'm talking about. It was so cool!!!! I just loved the way these photos of Brad came out...and check out the pic of him in 1969!!! Wasn't he adorable! (Well, to me he still is!)



And the following layout is about when Cory was not even three years old. He had a habit of doing things that would turn any mother's hair gray. Often we would walk out into the backyard looking for him and we'd call his name until we'd hear this tiny voice coming from way up in the tree saying "Here I am!". Seriously, it was all I could do not to freak out. But all Moms know certain times are not meant for freaking out. I couldn't believe it when I actually caught him on camera making his ascent. He would end up about three stories off the ground. (Notice all of the sawed off tree limbs in the pictures. That was Brad's idea to try to keep him from doing this.) No wonder he had a broken leg before he was three years old!



Now, a few posts back I featured a teaser photo of something pink and papery "wreathlike" is what I believe my friend Kim guessed it was. It was something I was making for a project. Well, the project's done and I'm ready for the big reveal. Here's a couple more close up pics to tease you:

This is another close up of that pink papery stuff, but now it's in place...I'm sure you know what i is now, Kim! (Especially since you've seen what it's attached to!) Here's something you haven't seen:

....A little detail I decided to add at the end. And with no further ado, here's the finished piece:


So there you have it! My very first altered canvas. And definitely not my last. I've never thought of myself as much of a painter, but I really got into this. I allowed myself to be free and have fun and I really did. Note to my family: Do you recognize anyone? That's right, it's Laura!
Keep your eye out...you may see this on sale at a location (or internet site) near you one of these days! That's right, I'm thinking about making myself a respectable woman. (Ha!)
Since I had so much fun on my Dream project, I immediately got started on another before that one was even done. In fact it's finished too, but since the teasing was so much fun, I'm going to do it again! And, Julie, if you're looking, you or Tim might notice something familiar!!!!


Enjoy the sneak peak and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thanks for visiting :)

Evidence of a Life